The Director of Handloom & Textiles, Assam has invited applications from the interested candidates to fillup around 92 vacant posts of Handloom and Textiles in 6(six) different categories. The details about each of these vacancies are advertised and the candidates may apply in the prescribed standard form of application published in part IX of Assam Gazette subject to fulfillment of the minimum educational qualifications.
The details of the various job positions available under this Assam Handloom & Textiles Recruitment can be seen from the following table:-
|Name of the post||Vacancies||Salary|
|Inspector, Handloom & Textiles (Cadre)||47||5200-20200||II||3300|
|Junior Inspector/Auditor (Coop.)||27||3000|
|Electrician (Power Loom)||01||2400|
|LDA (Junior Assistant) - District Level||15||2200|
|Assistant Foreman (Power Loom)||01||2400|
To be eligible, the candidates must be 18 years or above to 38 years of age as on 1st day of January 2012. The relaxation of upper age limit shall be applicable as per the existing rules and as per the Order dated 12th June 2012 in WP (C) NO.905/2007 in respect of the post indicated above in S.No.1.
Reservation for OBC/MOBC/SC/ST(P) and ST(H) will be maintained as per the existing Govt Rules. The educational qualifications prescribed as eligibility criteria for the above mentioned job positions are as follows:-
- Inspector, Handloom & Textiles (Cadre): Applicants must be HSLC passed from recognized board with degree/diploma in Textile technology or Handloom Technology of minimum 3 years duration recognized by the State Council for Technical Education. Alternatively, HSLC passed from recognized institution/Board and Certificate course passed in Textile or Handloom technology of minimum 2 years duration and having 8 years experience in service in Government Department may apply.
- Junior Inspector/Auditor (Coop.): To be eligible for this post, candidates must possess a degree in either Arts, Science or Commerce from any recognized university as mentioned in the advertisement.
- Textile Designer: For this category of job vacancy available in Assam, the minimum prescribed educational qualification includes a Diploma in Textile Designing from any recognized Institution having knowledge in Computer Aided Textile Design (CATD).
- Electrician (Power Loom): Candidates passed in two years certificate course of Electrician Trade from ITI and also having atleast 5 years of experience in Government or Private Institution are eligible.
- LDA (Junior Assistant) - District Level: This job post is meant for HSLC passed candidates from a recognized board with diploma in typewriting in both Assamese and English language. In addition, applicants must also possess a certificate of computer application to be eligible.
- Assistant Foreman (Power Loom): To apply for this single vacancy, candidates must be passed in two years certificate course in Fitter Trade from ITI and have working experience of 3 years in fitting power looms.
If you fulfill the requirements set above, you may apply to a relevant post in this Job Vacancy in Handloom & Textile Assam by submitting your applications in standard form addressed to the Director of Handloom & Textiles, Assam, Ambari, Guwahati-1 along with one self addressed envelope of dimension 5 x 11cm with postal stamp of Rs.5/- affixed on it and must be sent in a sealed envelope indicating the post applied for at the top of the envelope.
The office is located at G.N.B. Road, Ambari, Guwahati and application forms completed in all respect along with its enclosures including attested copies of all testimonials and two recent passport size photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer must be submitted on or before 31st December 2012 during the office hours. Applications received either by post or by hand after the last date of submission of applications shall not be accepted under any circumstances.