Courses eligible for Tea Garden Tribes ScholarshipsThe courses which are said to be considered for this financial assistance for tea-garden and ex-tea garden tribes students are Management/Public Administration, Research Work, Post Graduate Studies, IIT (any course), MBBS, BAMS, BDS, BE, BBA, BCA (IT), B.Ed, LL.B, Hotel/Hospitality Management Sectors and all their respective courses above those mentioned.
Eligibility Criteria and Terms & Conditions There are certain rules or criteria which must be fulfilled for student to be awarded the financial assistance for their pursuit for higher education. These are listed below in seven different points as mentioned in the announcement.
- Applicants should belong to Tea & Ex-Tea Garden Tribes and should be from an economically weaker section in order to be considered eligible.
- Those candidates who are already receiving some kind of scholarship including the Post Matric Scholarships will not be considered under this scheme. An undertaking to this effect is to be executed as mentioned in the Terms & Conditions.
- Grants will be awarded at flat rate to be determined in respect of each category taking into consideration factors involving the studies and availability of funds for the said purpose.
- All applications must come through the Heads of the Institutions concerned. The applications which will be received directly will not be entertained.
- Grants will be released preferably through the Heads of the Institutions.
- The institutions where studying must be an institution recognized by the Government.
- Applicants should mention if he/she received financial assistance under the scheme in the preceding years i.e. 2009-10 & 2010-11
Application Procedures and Important DatesIf a candidate meets the criteria mentioned above, he/she can apply for the same through the Head of the Institutions mentioning the following details:-
The last date which is fixed for accepting application forms is 11 July 2011 and should reach the below mentioned address before the final date. The applicants should also quote their contact number in their application as per instructions.
Director, Welfare of Tea & Ex-Tea Garden Tribes,