Introducing: Assam Trends | Latest: NRL Recruitment 2013 | Assam HS TET Revised Syllabus 2013 | Check: Assam Government Holiday List 2014


Aeronautical Engineering is one of the very promising career option that a student can pursue and accordingly build a very prospective career in the aviation industry. Now as it is the time when various institutes, colleges and universities publish their admission notification in different departments of study, admission to various courses in aeronautical engineering will also be conducted in Assam and as such the students who are willing to go for such a career can start looking for forms and prospectus for the new session. There are are not many aeronautical institutes or colleges in Assam and one can have only a few options to chose from in this region. In this regard, the College of Aeronautical Engineering (CAE) which is an initiative of the Government of India and located in Guwahati near the Lokpriya Gopinath Bardoloi International Airport has announced the spot admission for the Higher Secondary (10+2) passed students for two of its long term programmes.


Aeronautical Engineering Course Eligibility in CAE Assam


As once mentioned above, there will be admission for two different long-term programmes for this new session of 2011 and these includes Graduation in Aeronautical Engineering that has a course duration of four years and Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licence which will be of three years in length. The former course is to be conducted under the Aeronautical Society of India whereas the later one falls under the Directorate General Civil Aviation (Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India). The eligibility criteria for both the said courses is said to be H.S. passed in Science stream having scored atleast 50% in each of the subject with PCM combination or aggregate 50% in Physics and Mathematics of H.S. (Science) in case of GAE & AMEL respectively.

Aeronautical Engineering Admission Procedure and Features


There will be the facility to avail spot admissions for applicants who have secured marks above 70% in Higher Secondary (H.S.) Exams and as such they won't have to go through any entrance test or other such selection criteria. In addition, there will be some quota which will be applicable in the order of 20% of available seats from AIEEE exams, 30% from Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) Test and 50% of the rest from quotas available for different colleges. You have to apply for the admission to the above mentioned courses in the form and procedure as mentioned by the said institute.

There are many facilities that you can avail as a student of the said Government recognized college of aeronautical engineering such as educational loans from Central Bank of India, practical classes on various airports in the country and aeroplanes such as those of the Avro, Mi-17 Helicopter, Super King Air B200/300-350, Cessna 525A/A185 and so on. There is also one MIG-21 which is parked within the campus of the said college and as such is also recognized to be the only institute to have procured it within this Northeastern region.


Aeronautical Engineering (CAE) Forms and Prospectus


The prospectus and forms of College of Aeronautical Engineering (Guwahati) in Assam will be made available from 1st May 2011 and the direct admissions would also be held from the same date onwards. Those belonging to the college quota can also seek admission from 01.05.2011 but for the AIEEE and CEE qualifying candidates, it can be availed only after the results of the respective entrance examinations are officially declared and published. You can get the admission forms together with the college prospectus from its help desk situated at Bhangagarh (Guwahati) which can be found behind the emergency building of the GMC Hospital. Both the courses mentioned above will have a seat capacity of 60 and allotment of seats would be based on the reservation and eligibility criteria which was discussed earlier. All interested students can also apply online for admission by making use of the online registration form available through official website of College of Aeronautics Engineering of Guwahati (Assam). You can also download the prospectus and application forms from its official online download center in the form of PDF Documents.

For more details, you can visit their website from the links mentioned above or you may also consider to download the image attachment of the advertisement published in newspaper regarding the said admission notification in Assam.

Did you like this story? If yes, then please click on the Facebook Button below and recommend it to others.